View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #7
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
I use my Durametric on a 6 year old Toshiba works just fine. My laptop is running Windows 7 as the operating system, not sure if other Windows systems run as well. Nothing wrong with buying used there are plenty of good machines out there, however I would caution you to make sure whatever you end up with has a good battery. The instructions that came with my Durametric are VERY specific to NOT use a laptop that is plugged into a 110 volt power supply ( charger ) while in use. Not sure why that is but it's in the operating manual. I have the DIY version vs. the Pro model not sure if that's the difference.
If you have a local laptop business that does business turn ins that would be a great way to pick up a good quality laptop as business's tend to turn them in every 2-3 years.
This is incorrect; the Durametric instructions state the following:
"Connect laptops to power or change Power Management settings to maximum performance as most laptops run at reduced processing speed when running on battery power."
They further state:
"WARNING: Do NOT use a power inverter to power your computer when using Durametric."
Power inverters are devices that convert 12V DC to 110V AC, and cause all sorts of problems with computers. The battery charger for your laptop is not an inverter.