View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #96
rp17

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps10 View Post
It is ARP, sorry. CRS is obviously creeping in too.

As for ims options they number a bit fewer for those of us with a dual row bearing.
There is stock which is probably the weakest option. I take that back, the pelican kit that installs a single row bearing and spacer is my least favorite solution.
With no plain bearing ever going to happen, this leaves the roller bearing by EPS as sold by vertex or the LN dual row ceramic.

One thing I haven't noticed on any of the various porsche forums that i frequent is anyone saying either product had let them down. Also, when presented with the diagnoses for my metal filled engine Jake asked that i not use the LN bearing, and rightly so for someone wanting to protect a company reputation.

I don't know that anything I'm doing here would change his opinion. That said, the bearing is currently still available to the consumer and is easily the most confidence inspiring option available.

So far no one has called me for having all six connecting rods installed. In real life bank 1-3 rods have the piston attached and are pushed through the case and the rod caps done after. I really wanted to get a feel for how the parts fit. The entire thing is sitting at low torque..Ive decided to go in for a stretch gauge before exercising the new torque wrench i received for Christmas.

Perhaps the replacement shaft with triple row bearing from LN is not for sale anymore? Do recall not too many of those were being sold a year or two ago so it might be off the shelf.

Hope you had a good Christmas and got all the parts and tools you needed. Thanks for documenting this refresh/rebuild. If you have some spare time on your hands, here is another rebuild thread that you may like.

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-boxster-service-tech/86847-engine-removal-question.html

Last edited by rp17; 12-28-2014 at 07:39 AM.
rp17 is offline   Reply With Quote