View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #6
HereIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman1969 View Post
Helluva deal, congrats!
Recently bought one (that also came from L.A.) For $4500. Had it thoroughly gone through by an expert and had to dump $3,000 in it to make it 100% healthy, but it has been a great car and was worth it. Be prepared for something similar on yours. In the end though it will still be a lot of car for the money.
Be sure to post pics when you pick it up. A trip log would be cool too.
I'll have to replace some under-body panels for sure. The roll bars have lost some plastic. The top has been replaced once, but now the window is foggy again. I suspect a plastic polishing kit may fix the back window, based on the description.

There are a couple more issues, but this is the list of things I care about. Mostly I think it needs a good cleaning...which is great for the Boxster, because my garage is my own little detail shop. She's going to have a privileged life while under my roof.

Looking at numbers online, it appears this Boxster may be about a half second faster than the Cayenne S I drove. My Cayenne S was a lot of fun, so this is encouraging. I much prefer twists and turns to top-speed driving, so I suspect I'll be satiated.
HereIam is offline   Reply With Quote