View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #93
flaps10

It is ARP, sorry. CRS is obviously creeping in too.

As for ims options they number a bit fewer for those of us with a dual row bearing.
There is stock which is probably the weakest option. I take that back, the pelican kit that installs a single row bearing and spacer is my least favorite solution.
With no plain bearing ever going to happen, this leaves the roller bearing by EPS as sold by vertex or the LN dual row ceramic.

One thing I haven't noticed on any of the various porsche forums that i frequent is anyone saying either product had let them down. Also, when presented with the diagnoses for my metal filled engine Jake asked that i not use the LN bearing, and rightly so for someone wanting to protect a company reputation.

I don't know that anything I'm doing here would change his opinion. That said, the bearing is currently still available to the consumer and is easily the most confidence inspiring option available.

So far no one has called me for having all six connecting rods installed. In real life bank 1-3 rods have the piston attached and are pushed through the case and the rod caps done after. I really wanted to get a feel for how the parts fit. The entire thing is sitting at low torque..Ive decided to go in for a stretch gauge before exercising the new torque wrench i received for Christmas.
flaps10 is offline   Reply With Quote