View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
Dave2001S

I had a very similar set of circumstances. Alarm beeping twice while driving, red door lock indicator light on intermittently, windows not moving down that initial 1/2" properly. The fault codes suggested a door lock issue. I replaced the door lock mechanism on the passenger side, and the problem went away....sort of. I then replaced the ignition switch, to no effect. I'm going to replace the driver's side door lock mechanism next and see what happens. There are other threads on here too that describe what others experienced. Most suggest problems with failed micro switches on locks. Could be either trunks, the gas fill cover, or even the locking compartment on the center console. Having a mech read the codes may provide some indicators. I spoke with a dealer about it and they suggested replacing the alarm module; something I couldn't do myself and that would have cost over $1K. At this point at least the car alarms properly and it doesn't go off while driving so I'm just trying to overlook it. Best of luck.
Dave2001S is offline   Reply With Quote