View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #12
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Okay so the four post is okay for suspension and wheel work provided you have the extra jacks....Are they a pain to set up and actuate....? Lots of cables and pedals dangling? Can you sinc. front and back lifts?

Scissors seem really nice and neat but no storage and some interference underneath....really like these ones but they are British though. It looks like you can get frame or wheel lift: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9mooX9IW3V4

From what I understand set-up with any of them is not that big of a deal, just takes a few hours, be patient and follow the directions.

Regarding your comment on scissor lifts somewhat interfering, on a Porsche with a mid or rear engine things aren't too bad, on a conventional car the framework can be a nuisance. I still use ramps to change the oil in the wife's and kids' cars since it's actually faster, if I had the individual lifts I referenced second center access would be much better.

Greg Smith Equipment likely has something you'd like, they were absolutely great to deal with.

Greg Smith Equipment Sales Inc. - The car lift professionals with quality automotive equipment at discount prices.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote