View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #14
mach schnell

at the risk of setting of debate (which is not my intent - no sarcasm), but bottomline essential, I think, in any performance car, no matter what other equipment you add or purchase to make it more enjoyable or noticeable - is a freaking Manual Transmission!!!!!!!! Buy a Mercedes or Bmw or damn Bonneville if you want something to toot around in traffic or whatever bulls%$^! Although I know at the very root, Porsche began offering automatic transmission to increase the selling potential to all the farts with $$$ who couldn't drive fast (and sensible) if their lives depended upon it or for their trophy wives, etc - but it sadly speaks a bit of sell out!

Porsche and automatic or tiptronic or blah blah blah shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

Honestly, the umpteenth time you sit in traffic with your boxster you make think, 'self, why did I buy a manual transmission?', but every minute of windy asphalt or open road, you'll re-cant and sing, "how could I ever have imagined an autotragic transmission?!?! - WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!"
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote