View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
The Radium King

I sent mine to rce for refurbishment. they sent back a report detailing pre- and post-flow rates. according to them some needed more work than others. I have read that some cyls have higher wear rate than others - perhaps due to some cyls getting hotter than others.

I felt the engine ran smoother and travel through the power band smoother, but no noticeable increase in power. I got the injectors redone for two reasons; when triggering them with the durametric I found that I could not get one to respond and assumed it was not working. turned out there is a bug in the durametric software. the other reason was that I was getting a strong gas smell in my oil and thought it might be attributed to a leaking injector (and taking that a step further, gas in oil tends to break down lubricants and seals, which might lead to premature ims wear - perhaps bad injectors is the culprit). gas in oil smell was reduced after the work.

I don't know anything about the benefits of 2 vs 4 hole injectors, but the true test of flow rate and fuel pressure (there are 4 bar fprs on the market if you want to upgrade) would be afrs at wot. if your fuel system can maintain the design afr at wot then you don't need more flow or more fuel pressure. only way to test that is wideband o2.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote