View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
PorscheBound

Its always been interesting to me that non original paint on a car scares people away. Maybe I am biased because I use to manage a body shop. It just seems that if there is no structural damage to the car, and you couldn't even tell that the car had been repainted, and you needed a shop to tell you, it means it was probably done pretty well. Anyone in the shop industry can tell if a car has been repainted or not no matter how good the job is. Just because professionals can tell that it has been repainted doesn't mean that the work is poor. Especially if its just a case of a car being keyed, that is nothing to write home about. With all that said I fully agree that the car should be discounted for the non original paint. If you are looking to buy the car and keep it for many years then a proper respray should never scare anyone away. Just my .02. You don't want to let a great car go if just because it was repainted. If you cant tell that it was resprayed then it means most others wont be able to and you may lose out on a very mechanically sound car.

Edit: Just to state the obvious; if the respray is bad then you certainly don't want the car.

Billy Boat Muffler
ROW M030 Suspension
LNE IMSB
PorscheBound is offline   Reply With Quote