View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #83
BoxsterLS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
When this project is all done, it would be very helpful if you would post a list of all the parts required since Renegade's list is not complete.

Thanks for taking the time to take and post all the pix. Makes a big difference to visualize the process vs. just reading about it.
Got a bit of a list going and will try to keep it updated for you all... so far you are looking at $1500+ worth of additional expenses but i'll tally it all up for you when i'm done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc993 View Post
The renegade exhaust looks great. However from the photo it looks like the axles are a bit on a rearward angle. Can you give guess as to how different the axle geometry to the transaxle is off compared to stock? Both horizontal and vertical. Probably difficult now as you're way into it and haven't done a trial fit. My 993 is notorious for eating rear tires and my guess is the boxster ls will too. Did Renegade give you any info on the geometry and how to do a rear end alignment? If anything is different because of the axle geometry.
Can't wait 'til you finish this as I'm seriously interested in doing this or having this done. We may all be in line at your Georgia shop when your done. Thanks for taking us along on your work!
Thanks bc993!

I don't have an exact figure yet but that is definitely going to be the weak point in the system I think. I believe it locates the axles about an inch or so further back which is going to cause a bit more stress the stock, especially with the added power. Renegade told me a guy wore out a set ox axles in about 6 months with track use, and they are currently trying to source an upgraded solution. The good news is there are cheap axles available out there if you know where to look so i'm not to worried about it for now. I expect things will break but will cross that bridge once we get there. Hopefully the alignment wont be a big deal but never know~

Got the last of my motor/trans mounts yesterday so I should be able to do a bit more mocking up this weekend if time allows. Just need to make sure the Camaro oil pan on the LS3 is going to give sufficent ground clearance or if i'm going to have to swap it for a Corvette one... fun stuff!

Thanks!
J

Last edited by BoxsterLS376; 12-04-2014 at 08:18 AM.
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote