View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 02:25 AM   #5
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
Glad to hear that your daughter and her friend are safe, and the airbags did their jobs.

I would be very concerned by the soreness you noted your daughter felt, especially with the force of impact you described. If you have not done so already, I would really recommend not only a full check up with a doctor, but hiring a lawyer to ensure that you do not give us any right to compensation for medical issues that could arise down the road. (The lawyer is more for dealing with the insurance companies and protecting your rights, than to try and get compensation.)

I was in a nasty accident a few years ago, luckily not in the 986, and it took about 6 months before I started to have major back/neck issues, which are still ongoing. Glad to hear that everyone was safe, and I hope they took away the license of the kid that hit them.
Both girls had follow up visits with docs afterwards, all checked out fine. My daughter went through knee surgery last June and it was again swollen, X-rays said all was well, just bruised. I went through something similar several years back in my then beloved GTO daily driver, a kid who had his license for all of 4 days pulled out directly in front of me, yes he was on his cell phone. My neck / back bothered me for a couple of weeks but eventually turned out fine.

I put each of the kids through "Street Survival" school and other safety measures within the first year of driving, you just can't always account for others' carelessness which was pretty much the point of the post. I'm as tight as two coats of paint when it comes to spending money but on this topic my attitude has definitely changed.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote