View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #16
REDBXSTR

Send a message via AIM to REDBXSTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Driver View Post
Unfortunately when I ran my VIN it came back as a class vehicle, all the more reason to get the bearing changed sooner than later.

Thanks for the info. I run the car moderately hard (no bogging), pulling through the gears strongly with the understanding that the bearing will be getting the necessary oil, besides it's more fun. Been thinking of taking the car to the mainland to make a huge road trip and getting the bearing replaced by a certified shop but I am undecided as of the moment.
That is what I don't get. We both have a 2005 S so what could be the difference in the bearings or type. I had my replaced anyways, so I feel a little safer, although it is not so much the bearing, as it is the design of the engine. From 2009 and on they completely eliminated the intermediate shaft bearing completely. The bearings just get more heavy duty until they were eliminated, just to withstand the stresses but in the same model year? Hard to see how. I guess we should be happy that we don't have the bearing type that can't be changed. Then we would have been simply playing "luck", rather than being proactive by updating it.

You are correct in higher revving. I have read always keep the rpm above 2500 and drive it as Porsche intended. No problem there
19" Boxster S Sport Wheels, Preferred Package Plus-S, PASM, Bi-Xenon Headlamps.
REDBXSTR is offline   Reply With Quote