View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #14
baxster

Miata > Boxster > Miata > Boxster(?)

I've owned a 96 Miata for 16 years. Love it; just wish it had a bit more power.

Test drove an 03 base 5MT Boxster a few years ago and decided I had to have one. Ended up buying an 04 6MT S. I regretted buying the S, not because of the power; I loved that. I didn't like the 6MT ratios for daily driving. 1st gear is too low unless you're shiven er git, or at an auto-x.

So while I'm getting the Miata ready to sell, I'm realizing that I still like driving my Miata more than my Boxster. The Miata had a nice coil-over suspension with Azenis 615s. My Boxster just started to feel numb next to my Miata. Otherwise, the S was very nice to drive, and it strokes the ego way more than a Miata.

So after having my Boxster for a little over a year, I sold it and kept the Miata; that was 3 years ago. I needed the money, but I may have sold it anyways.

Now, I'm looking at getting another Boxster instead of, like the OP said, putting $5k into a $3k Miata. I think a 5-speed Boxster would serve me fine. I'm surprised how the prices have come down. I'd like to find a 03 for $10k; put in a L&N IMSB, RMS, clutch (unless this stuff was recently done), coil-overs, and whatever other maintenance it may need.

Or should I consult a shrink?
baxster is offline   Reply With Quote