View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcienfuegos
I have a 99 boxter and I'm having problems with the convertible top, before I head to the dealer I would like to know if there is anything that can help with my problem.

The problem is that when I press the button to open the top nothing happens, no noises, sounds or movement of any kind, as if the buttom wasn't working...I checked the fuse and it looks ok...what can it be??? I've read on the forum about checking the relays, where I they? how do I access them? are they expensive if I need to replace them?

Thanks for your help.

FC
Hi,

There are fuses and relays, but the most likely culprit(s) is the Micro-Switch either in the Parking Brake or the Windshield Header (in the Latch Bracket). You can eliminate the Switch in the Windshield Header by getting a pencil, chop stick or similar rod, sufficient that it will insert into the slot for the Latch. Insert it and gently push and release until you see/feel the switch give, then try the Top again. For the Brake, it's a little more difficult, but sometimes holding the Button on the Handbrake and runing it up/down several times may work. If not, go on to check fuses and relays. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote