View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 09:42 AM   #7
porsche986

i have a 98 and its runs fine, it all depends of how you drive them. I paid more for my 98 than what the 01 models are going for now as the first owner had only done 2,000 miles and couldnt afford the payments. The job i do has paid my boxster off in 1 year. I would never sell this car as its my first car fully paid for. I am looking for a 911 turbo. My boxster is just like brand new and very very quick, ok its a 2.5 but its had some mods to it as it gets 0-60 in 5 secs, 0-140 4 seconds quicker than a sub impretza wrx sti.

I dont think it matters what year you buy your boxster on, hell its still a boxster. I have never came across any boxsters with engine faults and i ran the porsche-boxster.com website for around 3 years and we had a forum for boxsters. It was a UK only forum and again we had no problems with any members cars on that. All i can think of is your weather, as porsche are based on quality and in the uk our weather is balanced perfect. maybe this is the issue and not build quality?

also be prepared to pay higher prices on anything. As soon as someone sees a porsche the price goes up. A good example for this is i have a BMW acs m3 and i wanted a leather colour change, I was quoted £1500 which was great, when i went to put a deposit down and he seen my porsche he changed his mine it was £1800 when i asked why the price change he got huffy and said do i want it done or not, i never got an answer for it, just be on your toes!

It doesnt matter what car you get even the 911 turbos have problems at the end of the day owning a porsche isnt just about driving and looking cool, its about affording the costs when things go wrong. I just had to folk out £2100 on 4 tyres a service and a new front wheel bearing and 4 brake discs that i didnt intend to find in the service.

Last edited by porsche986; 02-17-2004 at 09:51 AM.