View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #23
AR|Groundzero

Gear Puller and Misc Ramblings...

I am glad that I can maybe fill in some knowledge gaps. I am here to ensure that these marvels of engineering stay on the road and are not given a bad rap because of the mishaps of others. BTW, I believe that 3 cars, besides my own, are back on the road due to this forum and the knowledge it contains.

Now on to business...

While the Harbor Freight puller is quite a bit cheaper than the Kukko, you would probably do yourself a favor by buying one on eBay and then selling it when you are done. I had tried many other pullers before just biting the bullet and finding a Kukko I could use. Make sure to get the one with the slender arms and extension. From what I remember, both are necessary.

As far as the strut assembly, I have one but I don't really want to sell it. Mostly for sentimental reasons. I would be fine with you using it but how would I ensure that I get it back? Nothing personal....for some reason being backed into a corner and figuring out something that seemed impossible has left an indelible mark

If anyone knows anyone that can cut thick plexiglass into a circle please let me know. I want to make a coaster out of the old 2nd gear that I removed from my Boxster for my work desk.

Please let me know if there is anyway that I can help.

Happy Motoring!
AR|Groundzero is offline   Reply With Quote