View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 06:34 AM   #16
dagdisco03

Garage
PPI = Waste of time and money. If you can't see it they will not find it. Unless water is visibly coming out of the water pump they can't tell if it will fail in a week. There is no way to tell the future other then a review of records to know what has already been done or ignored for maintenance. If you need to pay someone to tell you a headlight bulb or taillight bulb is out then it's good money spent I guess. If you need a dealer to tell you when it's time to put new tires on, do a brake job, replace wipers a PPI is for you. PPI's near me will report that the CEL is illuminated on the dash but will not tell you what it's for. A lot of people seem to think that light should be there to tell them the engine is checked and the car is running nothing wrong with that light being on. I'm just amazed at how much trust is put into a PPI when it's just meant to be a safety inspection to make sure the car is legal to drive on public highways. It is not meant to review repairs or service items. There was someone on here recently that had a PPI done and they said everything that was not listed in the dealer records needed to be done when most if not all had been done within the last 6 months by an Indy. They don't look at the car to tell you what needs to be repaired it's just not what a PPI is for.