Thread: Carprog V5.94
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 06:15 AM   #13
Qmulus
inveniam viam aut faciam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1987 View Post
Looking for a little tutorial on clearing error code with carprog V7.28, any ideas
Tutorial? That software has specific uses meant for people that know what they are doing, or are willing to figure it out and have the ability to fix things if it messes up. Yes, you can mess things up if you don't know exactly what you are doing. Like I said above, that tool doesn't clear codes on Porsches or doing much anything useful for Porsches for that matter. In fact, it really isn't a tool I would use for clearing fault codes in any car. That is not what it is for. It is good for a few functions, but even that is limited.

You will also find that even the full, legitimate version makes anti-malware software scream that it has password spyware on it. Hmmm.

Using ANY software on a car can have serious consequences, especially if you don't know what you are doing. Last week a shop called me with a car where a customer tried to "correct" his odometer reading with some software he found. It ended setting the mileage to 999999 and locking up the dash so that nothing could communicate with it. Oops.

My recommendation? If you are looking for useful software for a Porsche, CarProg isn't it. If you are looking for support for that tool, this site isn't the place.

What specifically are you trying to accomplish? I happen to have a little experience with vehicle diagnostic tools having owned a company that developed, manufactured and sold diagnostic tools for VAG group vehicles.