View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #82
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrestrictor View Post
Nine8six,

We have attempted to contact you via private messaging and have asked you to give us a call but you have not responded. I felt our concerns should be addressed privately instead of in a public setting. However, after seeing all of the references to our website and our products I think a post here is appropriate.

We're very flattered that you've taken such an exceptional interest in our World Class Product, that being the WINDRESTRICTOR® brand wind deflector for fine convertibles.
We applaud your efforts in trying to replicate a product that we discontinued several months back because owners were not happy with the plastic frames and thin plastic. We do suspect that some of your efforts are infringing on our intellectual property but we can discuss this in private. It appears as though many of the "original ideas" that you are having we've already came up with and have brought to market. It's startling that you would go so far as to take photos off of our own website and post them on the forum here as you are "developing your idea".

I'll ask that you please take down our copyrighted images immediately and furthermore please refrain from referencing our company and products during your product development.

For anyone that would like to see our recent development, take a look at ***DELETED website link***
my 2 cents for what it's worth...

since you brought up intellectual property, what exactly are you referring to?
Edge lit plastic signs? I highly doubt you have a patent on that, or do you?
Trademarks such as "PORSCHE" or their logo?

One thing is for sure, it is not highly unlikely that ANYONE on this forum will EVER do business with you. There may have been a possibility before , but I sincerely doubt it now

Fred is a very honorable man who has spent uncountable (and unpaid) hours developing some superior products for the enthusiasts on this forum and others. He does it not so much for profit (which he is certainly entitled to) but as something he enjoys and the enjoyment of helping others.

IIRC, He was not the one posting a link to your website, others were.

You will find that he will have a tremendous amount of support from not only this forum, but other forums as well

Maybe you should think about licensing his designs as they are far superior to your product.
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 11-11-2014 at 05:47 PM.
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote