View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
Miles1

Knock Sensor Help

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2000 Boxster S with about 35000 miles. This vehicle was purchased about 2 months ago. There is a code for the knock sensor 1 (P0327). At the time of purchase, this code was not stored. I know, because I personally checked for any codes at the time of purchase. I don't believe this code will trigger the check engine light (MIL) but you can tell when this code sets. There is a slight loss of power. I did some investigating and by looking at the scan data the Safety Retardation goes active and the timing for all the cylinders goes retarded (negative) when the code is stored.

I did some research and a few mention the wire close to the connector being broken. Possible by rodent damage. There are a few rodent droppings on the top of the engine but they look like it has been there for awhile. Moving on, the connector/wire is not visible from the top. I can see the left side knock sensor connector but not the right side. I even tried using a video scope but gave up after 15 minutes.

Has anyone tried repairing the wire or connector? I think the wire/connector might be visible by removing the alternator but I don't know if it could be repaired in the confined space. I know removing the intake manifold would be the best choice but I would rather remove the alternator being I don't want to break all the plastic pipes that are connected to the manifold. Has anyone repaired the wire by removing the alternator only?

I will introduce my vehicle at a later date being I don't have a good picture of my car and I noticed that is more important than describing your vehicle.

Thanks for any help.
Miles1 is offline   Reply With Quote