View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #62
Nine8Six

Some progress:

I've finally settle for a manufacturer for the PMMA acrylic. Not exactly the cheapest but I have to say, they are the best in the entire country. Why I know? Cuz I've been looking for a full 3 weeks for these guys, spoke to 20 people, asked 10 others, visited 3 factories, and tried various samples lol

They are the ones who manufacture acrylic for pretty much all of the western companies (mostly transport industries). Most likely, most of the windows in the trains and airplanes you see around the world were manufactured by them. What they manufacture is only for export: ISO9xxx certified, all of the safety standards (TUV, DOT, etc) reqs and manufacturing processes in place, and they are the only manufacturer who can supply PMMA with non-flammable properties

And, we are friends now! Had a visit to my shop from the OP mgr yesterday morning. He is interested is what we do here in Shanghai so I think it's all good.... looks like we'll be getting some cheap (but good) window stuff