View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #58
amagalla

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Charles, thanks bro. Never thought about that ashtray 12v. Nice one man and exactly what I wanted to achieve (edge panel lights up when parking light/headlamps are turned on). That's how the clam's brake light came to mind.

Also like other's idea of having it switched on the defrost plug, if that's all feasible. Are you able to confirm that?

Decision decision....

A question I had for you is... let's say I want my edge panel to be 50% brightness when lights are ON and full 100% brightness when I hit the brakes. Anything you could design quickly... for those of us going "red" lol

(not sure if I understand how that clam's brake light intensity thingy is designed)
I don't know what LEDs you're using, but if you're using color shift LEDs, here is what I'd like to see.

1. Powered on with the lights (using the ashtray light, or rear parking lights or what ever.
2. Have the ability to turn it off if I'd like to (maybe with a button in one of the blanks on the dash, or a switch in the center console)
3. Have the lighting change to Red when the brakes are applied (or a brighter red if you're already using red).

I think this could be really sweet.

BTW, this is my design choice:

Simple and still lets you see through the wind blocker.

I'm digging this thread.

Tony