View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #7
RBatsch

The SAAB in the picture is a 2002 9.3 Viggen with a stage 4 tune. A bit of a beast as its a front driver so can be a real handful. Great kayak/bike carrier and winter machine.

I'm new to Porsche and yes, plan to do lots of reading over the winter months. I'll be changing the oil tomorrow and removing the battery for storage when it's put to rest in a heated garage at the end of the week.

I plan to keep the car stock except perhaps adding clear side markers and perhaps some 5mm and 17mm wheel spacers. New Michelin PS2s are also in the plans as the existing Bridgestones have shown me how nice it is to drift the car in corners ; ) Also in the plans is replacing all fluids and spark plugs next Spring. I may even do some preventative maintenance such as clutch (still original), RMS, and water pump. The car has only had one owner and came with all service records (serviced at PFAFF Porsche in Toronto) but has 192,000 KMs (approx. 119,000 miles). The car was really all taken care of and with the exception of paint chips in the front (lots of highway driving) it looks like new and drives amazingly well. When I had the PPI done the mechanic couldn't believe the mileage on the car. Says something about build quality!

Does anyone know of a list of common failures and associated mileage? This has helped me a lot with the SAAB in avoiding nasty surprises.

Last edited by RBatsch; 11-10-2014 at 06:26 AM.
RBatsch is offline   Reply With Quote