View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #16
jarrodblake

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
You're more adventurous than me! I'm also building a mid-engine 911 RSR, but I'm using a transverse mounted VR6 and O2M transaxle. The VR6 is the same motor that came in the Cayenne, Audi TT and R32. Someone had done something similar to what you're doing, only they used a KarmaGhia. I think someone used a VW Bug too.
Towards the end of this thread What suspension for a mid engine 911? - Page 2 - Pelican Parts Technical BBS there's a guy who stretched his 911 to fit an engine in the middle.
I just remembered I seen your build thread on a VW forum a year or so ago. Did you ever finish it or do you have a new build thread anywhere?

Also I seen the thread you posted its where I got the idea of stretching the q-panels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_mota View Post
ty for the reply. about the mesh inserts but will definitely check in from time to time on the wheels. ty again!
NP, The wheel should be back here sometime this week, however it may be a few months before I decide to sell them as I will be using them to mock up my build.

Also a current pic of the car.

If anyone wants to help pull out the windshield its theirs for free. If not it will be $50 assuming I don't break it pulling it out.
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote