View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 05:25 AM   #3
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Welcome to the forum. I sold my 2001 Boxster base last August. I sold as is full disclosure with letting prospective buyer know that it had code P1341 showing. The CEL light was on steady, codes read etc and then the light was out after reset. Was assured that the light would eventually come back on.

What was wrong? It could have been many things. It could have been camshaft solenoid,
or a sensor. The local mechanic started to replace the easy stuff. No change. Second indy shop could not fix it. Third shop stated replace ims, rms etc. Quoted around $5k Can.
When I pulled the oil filter I found little green pieces in it. I am surmising that it could have been the chain rail guides breaking down. Not sure though.

Anyway the 3 year ownership was fun but was expecting it to be expensive which it was.
This year I was not willing to spend any more $$ on it.

Make sure you find a good Porsche technician. I would start with the cheapest fix first.

Hope this helps. Driving with camshaft deviation out of tolerance is not recommended. I would get it fixed asap before you get complete engine failure.
All the best, Guy.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote