View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 02:53 AM   #12
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
AAAAAARGH! Fred's at it again!

Might as well set aside some cash right now. Sigh...
Norm - can't think of anything costing a whole lot of dosh in there mate. Beside, I plan on giving a cracking deal to those who've supported and trusted me during the dev of those bi-xenon headlights. I owe you, Charles, and many others here

Quick update:
As silly as this look, it is a awful lot of work. Just selecting the right materials can be a pain. That perfect organic glass is hard to find. Plenty of manufacturers but when asked for quality cast acrylic samples (read standardized pmma), they send you sub standard acrylic with impurities or something completely different hoping you'll just get on with it (e.g. plastic/acrylic, PC, extruded acrylic). Had it all already. Not fun.

So I'm off to do site visits this weekend. To see how the stuff is manufactured just to ensure we are getting that apparently hard-to-find quality "cast" pmma stuff that we deserve, not the extruded one or "more plastic".

Quality LEDs/PCBs are other things I am having great difficulties finding. The locally made strips are 'okay' but man... when you look under the hood and test those you guess they could be done better e.g. the PCB on those common LED strips are as thin as 0.2mm (loosing volts like crazy). Yes it works some will say but I'm after something a little more 'robust'. Good news is I know of someone here who gave me a sample of what we need (3528smd, 5mm*0.7mm pcb, imported from Taiwan). I am in discussion with the manufacturer atm... basically trying to convince him to ship me over a small (micro) qty lol A sml qty for these guys is a full container :/

You guys wait until you see this thing finally lit up on the Boxster car. It will be absolutely stunning x100,000 and will worth every bits of effort I promise.

Last edited by Nine8Six; 11-10-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote