View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
Nine8Six

^ First thing first, get the Boxster 986 wind deflector assembly 3D modeled. The organic glass, the bracket, the clips, literally everything and all that within a tolerance of (+/-) 0.05mm.

Before someone ask... nope I haven't gone crazy (I think). The reason I was sooo picky RE the details of the bracket is because I plan of designing some durable clips made of aluminum (comes with a 25 years warranty lol). I am a bit tired of replacing my plastic clips every 2-3 years (changed them 4 or 5 times now I think... lost track). Sorry but those stock plastic clips sux big time so this will eventually need to be 'fixed'.

^ The 4mm thick glass slides in/out of the bracket pretty easy. Slam it inside a commercial grade digital scanner and off you go. 2D... can't be hard to model lol
The slot and two holes are there to accommodate the edge lighting module that I have prototyped. Below visual is a quick preview of what it will look like:

As things develop I'll update. If any of you guys have advice or any special requests, please shoot