View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Black Box View Post
Help!

I was driving home one evening and noted that my 2002 Boxster S with Tiptronic was a running a bit rough. Not thinking much about it, I finished my journey and exited the interstate where CEL and low oil pressure light suddenly illuminated. Knowing I had but 2 miles to go, I decided to press on home. As I pulled away from the stoplight the car turned into a mosquito sprayer. The poor folks behind me were treated to one heck of a smoke screen. Crap! AOS failure! I limped the car home and parked it.

Thanks to the folks at Pelican I was able to order a new AOS and proceeded to replace the unit. At the same time I changed out the spark plugs and noted that all were oil fouled. With new plugs in place, and a fresh oil change I started the beast back up.

I now have a consistent ticking noise from the engine that has the sound of lifter ticking. Further, the oil pressure light is solidly illuminated and I was throwing a P1325 code

The car appears to run ok and does not appear to be lacking for power (just drove it for a quick run around the block). Could the AOS failure have resulted in damaged lifters, or vario cam issues? I don't want to pull the motor or access the cams if I can avoid it.

Any help or advice would be appreciated
Drop your oil filter and have a look at it; if it is full of metal, the engine needs to come out.