View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:03 AM   #32
Retroman1969

Haven't run a carfax on it yet, but plan to, although honestly I find those less useful the older a car is. There's too much that can happen to it outside of the carfax blanket. Still interested in seeing what it says though. I'll see what the PPI turns up. It's going to be $300, a little higher than most, but very invasive and thorough. (pulling the oil pan, timing cover, etc are included).
The color combo isn't my favorite, the green being a bit off-kilter with the silver, but it is interesting and gives it even more character.
This car has been on one of those "we-tote-the-note" lots for a couple of months now. It started at $5,900 and has been steadily dropping. I'd guess that the surface condition of the car (being a little rough) and the fact that the typical clientele is more interested in $1500 pickups and Hondas is what's scaring people off of it.
It's not unusual around here for fairly clean examples of Boxsters to crop up in the $6,500-$8,000 range, so no love lost if this one doesn't work out.

Last edited by Retroman1969; 10-27-2014 at 04:11 AM.
Retroman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote