View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #8
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffast986 View Post
The car was taken to European Motor Cars in Duluth. Have you heard of them? They have a few locations in N. Atlanta area. I wasn't sure where to take it but I've gotten parts from them in the past and they seemed knowledgeable both times.

Thanks for the good info. The mechanic mentioned IMS too when I picked it up, that must have been what he was getting at. I see the relation now. The car has always had a little rattle but I figured it was exhaust shields, could an IMS rattle for 50k miles without exploding?

At this point, I've parked the car and have listed it for sale (is $4500 a fair price?). Regardless of the diagnosis, I don't have the budget for repairs and need a car ASAP.
I have not heard of them but that doesn't mean anything. You are going to disclose to potential buyers that there are issues correct ?
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote