View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
spongebob

Boxster , not the best tool for hunting deers

So, last weekend 28 accident free years came to an end, a bunch of deers made the stupid decision to cross the narrow forest road I just love use early on Sunday mornings. Of course I should have known better but I let the guard down the last 300 yards before I had planned to stop. Luckily I only hit one deer but at a speed of maybe 50mph. Deer was not so lucky nor was my front bumper. Amazing how fast things happen when not prepared, it is so easy on a track day when you expect everything to happen but this was different. Ok, lessons learned, not even Boxster brakes will make make up for a speed not adapted to the situation
Now it is time to fix the car.
Bumber is gone but both hood and headlight seems to be ok.
Ac and coolers seems to have survived even though the area was full of not so nice deer internals.
As I have 2000 base, could it be an idea to update the look a little bit ?
Will a 2003 s or an early GT3 front fit directly ?
This as I will most likely add the extra radiator in a few years.
Can I keep the old rubber parts around the coolers with the later bumper or do they also need replacement
Your ideas is most appreciated and also some input regarding the shock absorbers in the bumper, any chance that this might be damaged. I have no idea how sturdy that part is, if it is designed for only minor impact.
spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote