View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 06:27 AM   #23
Dlirium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
How is the drivability and handling of the Boxster with the LS3 if I may ask.......I guess one feathers the throttle to get back to where it was originally as far as traction and balance....would you need a huge leep / amount of seat time to handle it? Have wheel widths been changed..square? I have been on track in a Cayman R (I think the engine was stock) and found that to have just an insane amount of momentum.....well it was the old Mosport, lots green and yellow traffic, R comps....anyway it felt way way over my head even in the power department.
It is amazing. All the standard handling that you get with a mid-engine Boxster, but now you have the power to pull out of corners or kick the backend out. Yes, you can now get yourself in a LOT of trouble, so throttle management will be key. And shifts come a lot quicker :-)

While I don't have this (yet), I have ridden in Scott's car in a spirited drive around Las Vegas...
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote