View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #12
koosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Why not leave the hood closed but Un latched when storing it?

Mine is a DD and I am in San Diego, so there is no reason to hibernate the car for winter

I see lots of threads about batteries dying in storage. Seems like a simple remedy. If the battery dies, you can still open the hood without anything special
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmboxster View Post
LOL, I've often wondered why people dont do that too Jay. Such an easy, simple, free option. I'm no brain surgeon but even I have done that before, hmmm.
some of us dont have the luxury of just being able to leave a car lying open for all the world to see and open if they feel the desire too.....
i have recently moved house (~15 miles away from my old house) but i still own my old house so for the time being i have left the boxster outside my old house in the driveway which is right next to a public footpath and a road. i do have a garage at the old hosue but the boxster wasnt put in there as i needed full access to the garage for clearing it out and was using it during the house move. i also didnt want to move the car to the new house (which doesnt have a garage) as i wanted to minimise the chances of it getting damaged by moving in and out of the house with large items etc.

i dont live in a bad area by any means but word can travel fast so for me to leave the frunk open is basically an invitation for anyone driving or walking past to open it and have a look inside and help themselves to toolkit, spare wheel, battery, carbon strut brace and in extreme cases, headlights, bumper, bonnet and so on and so fourth....

i will be moving the car soon to my new house and the plan is to get a cover for it and also leave the frunk on the latch since it will be under the cover, and for the most part, out of sight to bypassers! i will most likey get some kind of battery tender aswell for the future but i plan on leaving the car for about a year until insurance renewal time so i will probably remove the battery since it will be sitting for so long!
koosh is offline   Reply With Quote