View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
Tucker2

Garage
I have a strange experience with PPI's.

I paid nearly $300 to have one done at a Porsche dealership. They found $3K worth of work that needed to be done. Not end-of-the-world stuff...but...stuff. It included the 60K servicing Porsche requires. This was on a $16K car.

The dealership agreed to pay for about $2K of the 'repairs'....so I bought the car. (Not the smartest move....but I *really* liked the car).

The first week I had the car....I tracked down the Independent that had been servicing it for two years. Turns out that all but one item on the 60K to-do list had been done a month before I bought the car.

Then....I randomly got introduced into a local (different) Porsche/BMW Indy not 5 miles away from my house by a guy that had been going to them for TWENTY years.

They looked my car over for free. Free PPI. Note: POST purchase inspection.....

I ended up repairing what they found on their own for $40 worth of parts from Pelican. (I've also referred several new customers to them...so I don't feel entirely bad about my DIY solution)

Soooo.....if I were to do it again....I'd would try and track down a good Indy and work with them.