View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #10
Joe B

I bought a 2003 S a 6 hour drive away with no PPI or service records, other than what the owner had done in the 2 years and 5,000 miles he had owned it. I paid with a cashier's check and hauled it home on a U-Haul trailer. I was able to test drive it and meet the owner before I bought it though. He had done so much maintenance (complete brake replacement, new Carrera 18" wheels and Pilot Super Sport tires, ROW MO30 suspension, clutch and flywheel, trunk and frunk pneumatic lifters, windshield, spark plugs, all fluids including transmission + Motul 300V changed every 2,000 mi., upgraded leather interior, and more that I'm forgetting) on the car while he owned it that I felt safe buying it. He seemed very trustworthy (and anal) and the price was fantastic too. I later found the complete service records in the owner's service booklet which he didn't know the car had in the glove box , including a new engine replacement at 36,000 mi. under warranty. I've had the car for 2 years and 8,000 miles and it is perfect. Knock on wood, I've not had to put a penny into it for repairs.

This is probably not a typical story; YMMV!
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote