View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 06:33 AM   #5
RandallNeighbour

Local PPI's should not be difficult to get. If you find a car you're serious about, contact the local PCA group in that area and ask the contact who they know that does PPI's and is very familiar with Boxsters.

I've heard horror stories about generic PPI companies who send out reps who look just at cosmetic crap and have no idea about the weak points on a Porsche Boxster.

I bought mine long distance without a PPI off pics sent to me (yeah, I know, I was an IDIOT). I sure wish I had flown out to see the car and drive it and inspect it myself. Would have been LOTS cheaper because I would have come home sad without a Porsche and kept looking for a better example.

Take your time. There are beautiful pampered examples out there for bargain prices if you keep looking.

Good for you for buying an S too. You won't regret that. BTW, in 1999 they had not yet released the S model.

One last thing.... pay a little more for an 03S. That rear glass window is a HUGE upgrade you will not fully understand until you get a 2000 with a plastic window. Trust us.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote