View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #10
Dave Montgomery

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
Do you mind sharing the asking price? No need to tell us what you actually paid. This car is probably in my top three should I have to replace my current Boxster.

I think this is the best Porsche you can buy under $100K. It's the lightest, has the improved engine regime, best handling, no electronic steering, very rare seats which most 911's do not have, maybe the last manual in a "R" Spyder without the SUV interior of the 981.

And it was quicker than the Cayman R at the hand of an ALMS professional racing driver (so no sandbagging):

ALMS professional driver: Boxster Spyder vs. Cayman R

Excellence :: Open and Shut Case: Track Test : Cayman R vs. Boxster Spyder
The selling price was $52,500. This was the best deal I could find with what I wanted. I'd been looking for about a year. They look good in any color but... mmmmm Guards Red, always a favorite. Many of the ones for sale seemed to have the PDK tranny, which is reported to be great, but just not the same. Mine also had 19,500 miles on it but was never tracked and is in very good condition. Better its not absolutely perfect or it would never come out of the garage. If you have not driven one, you'd better. But I warn you to bring your checkbook because you will want it!! All the amazing articles are true. Let me/all of us know what you do find!

Dave M.
Dave Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote