View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMass View Post
When we bought our 2002 Boxster S last month I let the wife drive it home and I followed . When we pulled in the driveway she got out and told me a rock hit the windshield and cracked it. Sure enough it was there and I had just inspected the vehicle exterior closely. It's about 2 inches long and I had already called and put it on my insurance.....but being jaded in the ways of the world I'm going to wait until December to report it to my Insurance company. My Questions is:

Would you use one of your typical windshield replacement firms to replace your Porsche Boxster windshield?

thanks for any answers and advice
A couple years ago I saw a few threads about poor fitting windshields, some due to thinner than stock replacements. I suggest googling this subject & send alot of time reading others experience. I believe the OEM glass is made by "Segurit"?

If I knew a source for a quality replacement installer for $350 range I would have one due to pits @ 113,K miles, but I am putting off this headache.

Last edited by BYprodriver; 10-07-2014 at 12:44 PM.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote