View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #10
Perfectlap

I paid $400 and I would not do it again even for that price. My canvas was spotless when the window cracked so it seemed like a waste to just chuck the top.
But save your money and do it right with a glass replacement.
The person stitching in the new top has to nail it, it's very easy to end up with a weird crease since the canvas is already stretched a certain way. I had one and below the bottom of the window and the installer said "that's actually not so bad compared to others." On the drive home it was raining and I was seeing droplets forming all along the bottom stitching. When the old plastic is cut out they take with it the factory sealing along the border and just stitch right through the replacement plastic. And The stitching was not dead straight like the factory is capable of with their expensive machinery. If you have an eye for detail you notice it right away. Really this plastic was not meant to be replaced. Plus there were all sorts of adhesives on the inside that start to come loose so I had to get out the rubber cement and silicone.

Anything more than $400 is just money that could have spent on new canvas and a heated window.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 10-07-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote