View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 04:58 AM   #9
Ottacat
2002 Boxster S

I recently replaced the top on mine. The rear window had already been replaced once and the second one was splitting at the seams.

I got my replacement from AutoTopsDirect (ATP) for $659 which had the glass window and was made with the German A5B/DS Acoustic Canvas. It also included the wiring harness for the defrost. The same top from GAHH is $925 and all my research indicated they were exactly the same tops coming from the same factory.

I didn't feel brave enough to replace it myself. I found a local guy here in Ottawa that did the job for $630. It was in and out in a day. He had done other Boxsters and the local Porsche dealership here refers work to him. He had plenty of spare parts as apparently the factory roof replacements ship with various caps and screws that the aftermarket ones don't.

I'm very happy with it and it's nice to not have to worry about the plastic window cracking or clouding again and its nice to see clearly out the back. The glass window is smaller but its more than big enough for all practical purposes.