Thread: Wtb: Pst2
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Xcellr8

Wtb: Pst2

Not in any hurry here. And have lots of questions, but have made the decision that if I'm going to dabble with these Boxsters that I'm going to want more than a durametric. For example, just bought an 02 S that appears to need an immobilizer. First thought was to swap out Immobilizer, DME, ignition switch and door lock. Second thought was to have it shipped to a dealer for diagnosis. Third thought was that I might as well learn how to do the diagnosis myself with the right equipment.

Also have an 03 base with a blown motor that I just picked up a 3.2L to go in. At first believed that the DME had to be reprogrammed. Then discovered, while that is the preferred method, the car will actually start and run with the DME as is. And, as long as your gentle at first, the computer will "learn" 3.2 demands. But, that sounds risky, therefore a PST2 would come in handy here too.

So, if you have one that you no longer need, let me know and we'll see what we can work out. I'm not made of money, so don't get carried away.

Thanks, Joe
Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote