View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
SpikeJr

I will be interested to hear how this works out for you. Many threads on subwoofer installs out there - from what I've seen, it's difficult to get one in place without compromising legroom, aesthetics, sound, etc...

I am finishing up an install and I think I'm going to be adding a sub at some point. Right now I have JL Audio C5-653's with crossovers installed. Also running a JL Audio XD600/6 amp located in the front trunk. The HU is going to be a Pioneer DEH-x6700bt which was a compromise after the Clarion CZ-702 sounded like garbage. That's another story...

Anyway - the 653's are a nice improvement over stock - however, the low end isn't quite where I would like it to be...an option might be to replace the 6.5" mid-bass in the door with a dedicated 6.5" woofer if I can find a decent shallow-mounting one.

If that doesn't produce the bass I'm looking for, I like the idea of the removable enclosure behind the passenger seat idea. I think you'll find that the space under the seat is going to be a challenge - running ports under the seat will limit the seat from being fully lowered. I believe that if you lower the seat as far as it will travel, that the structure literally skims the carpet when moving the seat forward / aft. There was some discussion awhile ago about using bushings and longer bolts to raise the seat - however, the unknown was the change in shear loading on those components in the event of an accident.
SpikeJr is offline   Reply With Quote