View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #57
coreseller

These threads on "My Boxster gets No Respect" nauseate me to no end. They all start out the same, whining about how some idiot made a snide remark about their Chickster or how a 911 owner looked down their nose at them. Then the outrage ensues over whatever perceived slight or disparaging remark was made, then the tide turns and other members chide on with their disparaging remarks about whatever model or make car they want to rail on; IE participating in the exact same behavior that got them indignant to begin with. Usually about halfway through the second page the collective self stroking about how the Boxster really is the only sports car Porsche made gains momentum and several posts later everyone agrees that we're all the smarter ones since it's obvious the Boxster handles the best......blah blah blah.

In the years I owned my Boxster I only heard one comment about it being a "Girl's Car", and that was from a 12 year old kid who was the friend of one of my kids. Since owning the 993 and frequenting those forums and befriending other 993 owners I have not once heard them knock on the Boxster in any way. If a Boxster even comes up in conversation everyone pretty much agrees that they are the performance bargain if you want a convertible that handles great. Why anyone would be concerned with what an obvious Jack *ss had to say to begin with puzzles me. Rant Over........
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote