View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
Hayden

Convertible Operation and Storage Box Linked?

I've had intermittent problems with the convertible top motor not cutting on when the top is in the down position, and it's not the microswitches, sensors, relay, or motor that have gone completely bad. Usually I drive around for a few days and it starts working again. I've had it all apart several times, greased connections, and all the friction points, and it's not binding to my knowledge.

The only correlation I've seen to the top suddenly stop working, is when I open the storage box and try to close it, but it won't stay shut. Then the light next to the key illuminates. After a while, the lever will hold it close and the light goes off eventually. Need to replace that little catch and lever, I guess.

Anyways, would having the tray popped open on a healthy car, send a signal, similar to the parking brake sensor, to not let the top operate? I only ask because it seems that there has been a 1-2 punch with this happening a few times now. Could be a coincidence too.

The only other thing I can see a correlation to, is the cruise control light comes on randomly, and the alarm control unit, or whatever it is called, is probably not functioning properly. Key fob will not unlock doors, and the red "locked light" will cut on while driving sometimes too. I get a few beeps after I lock it, even if driving!

I figured that has more to do with the storage box; something electrical and it's frustrating to pin down, so I'm seeing if there could be anything else besides the major things that would tell the computer to deactivate it? Alarm unit going south possible cause? Thanks all!
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote