View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
austinkthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by epapp View Post
If you were to rig up a simple RFID circuit (they sell cheap simple kits online), it would add to security as well. Now, you have to have the key AND the RFID fob with you to start the car...assuming you disconnect the ignition wires from the tumbler and attach them to only your RFID circuit.

If you want to get around putting the key in, you can take the resonator out of the key and secure it somewhere under the dash so its always recognized by the ECU, but then that detracts from the security part, and if you do that, you would have to rig up something ghetto to disable the steering wheel lock (to get rid of the key completely).

You can also rig up some circuits to the drivers door microswitch that makes the window drop to do some fancy things. But thats all I'm saying !!
Well my key actually doesn't have anything in it, that I know of. My battery/electronics for locking/unlocking and trunks is gone. They key is held in the fob somehow so I don't know if key fob still has anything in it for security. I'd have to do some more research on that.