View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #37
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by linderpat View Post
Ha! You think it's bad with a Boxster, try owning a 928! There is very little respect for it, even though it was the first, true "clean sheet" (ie, pure) Porsche design. In every year it was made, from 78 to 95, it was the fastest (except for the 930), most expensive top of the line Porsche you could buy, and simply one of the best cars in its class in the world. Faster than the comparable Ferrari or Aston or Audi as well. But look at Excellence, or Panomera, and other magazines, or talk with 911 guys or even Boxster/Cayman owners, and you'll get a sense for what I am talking about. Amazing too, because if you look at the modern Carrera, it has morphed into a rear engine 928.

I truly enjoy my Boxster, and have driven 911s and a RUF 930 turbo, but the 928 remains the best of breed for me still.

My all time favorite Porsche with the engine infront of the seats, the others have clearly never seen risky business. However while the 928 is great I do find it less special, I'd take a 911 over a 458 any day, but an 8 series vs a 928, thats a harder question, I would say it is a more competitive class and aside from performance the 928 doesn't separate itself well.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote