View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
Laflamme02

Anti-Boxster Snobbery in Porsche Community

So I've been test driving cars for a couple months now and was sold on a new Ford Mustang because of price and performance...that is until I test drove a 2001 Boxster S on a whim. As soon as I engaged the clutch on that thing I knew I would be getting a Boxster S instead. Out of the 14 or so cars I drove this was by far the best driving experience. I was amazed at how much I preferred the 2001 Porsche to a 2014 Mustang GT. In the late winter I'm hoping for a 2003 but might have to go 2002 because of the price difference.

Anyway, when I informed my friend that I'd decided on the Boxster S he did everything he could in his power to discredit the Boxster as not being a "real Porsche" and even went so far as to say that "it's not very good"! He is part owner of a 1984 911 (with his father) and seems really biased for someone that has never driven a Boxster

My question is, why does the Porsche community look down its (collective) nose at Boxster owners. From my in-depth research the Boxster is a fantastic car and superior to the 911 in handling, though not in power. Where does this snobbery come from? Any thoughts on it?
Laflamme02 is offline   Reply With Quote