View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
Cebu

Thank you for the heads up. I did research on the regulator after you responded. From what I've read it may be a PIA to get the alternator out. I'm thinking if I pull the alternator out I want to do it only once Or.. did you replace the regulator then have the alternator checked out at a part shop?

Did you have to remove the passenger seat to perform this job? I'm unclear with some of the tutorials out there.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab986 View Post
I had the same issue about a month, I also thought it was a battery issue at first but it turned out it was the voltage regulator inside the alternator.
The voltage regulator costs only about $40 online (I got it from Auto Parts Warehouse) so I decided to replace the regulator first and see what happens. I was lucky as it turned out the regulator was the issue and i didn't have to get a rebuilt alternator (which cost way more than the regulator).
I understand that a faulty voltage regulator is quite common with Boxsters so I suggest you check that first before replacing the whole alternator.
Since I did all the labor myself the total cost was only $40.

Hope that helps.
Cebu is offline   Reply With Quote