View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
Dave Montgomery

Garage
Boxster Spyder airbag chime killing me!

Hi all, here's one for you. I just bought a quite gorgeous 2011 Boxster Spyder in SanFran and drove it home to Seattle. Sounds great right, up the coast, surf and sun... Well the damn airbag/seatbelt chime kept 'chiming' away the whole drive! I had checked the car out a week before and no problems, normal chime then stopped. On the trip it would chime every few minutes, randomly starting and stopping. My wife and I were both convinced that if we placed our butts just right on the seat it would stop. Then the next corner would come and it's back. If you'd driven past us you would've thought we had some kind of neurological disorder causing spastic muscle contractions! I was convinced it was her seat until somewhere around Portland I thought if I put the car on cruise and sunk my buns deep into the base of the seat while lifting both legs so my feet were danglng, then it seemed better. When was the last time you tried to keep your feet in the air while driving? I will probably need a chiropractor now as this "feat" caused immense cramping and back pain. After all this contortionism and about 100 miles the chime returned. In the end the only workable solution was to crank up my Jambox I'd brought so you couldn't hear the chime as much. This also stopped the bickering about who's butt needed adjustment. WTF is causing this?? HELP!!!
Dave Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote