JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.fro View Post
IMHO, your alignment numbers could be improved:

Left Fr 8.9 -0.1 0.25
Right Fr 8.6 -0.3 0.1

Ideally, you want the left and right numbers to match. These look pretty far apart.
If the left camber is at the negative max, I'd reduce the right to be -0.1 Getting both to -0.3 would be best for handling.
Get the camber set first, then adjust the toe. Zero toe would have both at 0.0, so it looks like you've got a bit of toe in (positive toe) on each side. Toe in is not so good for turn-in response or handling.

Left Rear -1.6 0.15
Right Rear -1.6 -0.05

For the rear, the cambers match, and that's great because rear camber adjustments are more difficult than front.
The toe is a mess, though, as it looks like the left has toe in, while the right has toe out. Your car is trying to pull the back end into the ditch, which may feel like you are being pushed into oncoming traffic. Again, matching is ideal and close to zero is best (street), but for the rear, slight toe in creates stability. Getting both to +0.05 would be good.

Hate to say it, but the factory spec offers a lot of +/- range...your car could be in within "book" spec but not very well aligned.
Thanks

My first read at your respons was "No shyt Sherlock" , I know they are off LOL

I found factory specs and yes, they have a bit of a range. I was hoping to get some good recommendations. Your info is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote